Tuesday, December 29, 2009

babette blanket part deux



At the end of my foray into needle felting I was left twiddling my thumbs. My arms have been getting stronger, but knitting & crochet are still out. So, I went down to the basement and pulled out a UFO that's been waiting to be sewn together, the Babette Blanket # 2. I started the project in 2006 and made enough squares for 2 lap blankets. I split up the squares and the large ones became their own blanket, which is mostly finished, but was a little damaged in the wash (blush, I am so ashamed, I committed fibre abuse).  The second, the one above, consists of the small & medium sized squares. So I've been seaming away for the last week, joining the squares into little strips of 4 units. There are enough squares to make a blanket 8 units by 10 units, so not a bad size. The strips have been put together in no particular order for photography.

1 comment:

Carol said...

I love the Babetter blanket! But i hate seaming....have fun!